Ever wonder how billionaires got to that level? Here are 10 success tips shared by four billionaires on a recent episode of the news show “20/20:”
- Figure out what you’re so passionate about that you’d be happy doing it for 10 years, even if you never made any money from it. That’s what you should be doing.
- Always be true to yourself.
- Figure out what your values are and live by them, in business and in life.
- Rather than focus on work-life separation, focus on work-life integration.
- Don’t network. Focus on building real relationships and friendships where the relationship itself is its own reward, instead of trying to get something out of the relationship to benefit your business or yourself.
- Remember to maximize for happiness, not money or status.
- Get ready for rejection.
- Success unshared is failure. Give back — share your wealth.
- The truth is cold and hard, but it’s the first point on the path to hope and salvation.
- Successful people do all the things unsuccessful people don’t want to do.
Even if you’re not focused on becoming a billionaire, these are some pretty good tips to live by. Which ones resonate with you?
Source: Peak Advisor’s Weekly Market Commentary, 12/5/11